The Morris Human Rights Commission was established by the Morris City Council in 1997 to promote and encourage equal opportunity and fair treatment of all individuals by:
- Identifying equity problems in the City
- Educating the public
- Responding to incidents of discrimination
- Building relationships with school districts, agencies, business and community organizations and enlisting their cooperation in an active program directed to create equal opportunity and eliminate discrimination and inequalities
- Acting in an advisory capacity with respect to planning or operation of any City department on issues of civil and human rights
- Administering an appropriate grievance process
2012 Thomas B. McRoberts Human Rights Award
The Morris Human Rights Commission invites nominations for its 2012 Thomas B. McRoberts Human Rights Award. The Commission recently renamed the award to honor the late Tom McRoberts, longtime Commission member, secretary, and regional member-at-large on the League of Minnesota Human Rights Commissions.
Click here for more information and to print the nomination form.